Central Contractor Registration (CCR) Migrating to New SAM System in July
Contractors should be aware that Central Contractor Registration (CCR) will be migrated to a new system, which is expected to begin going live in late July of 2012. The new system will streamline processes, eliminate redundancies, and save money by consolidating operations. Only one log in will be needed and the integration will decrease the amount of time required for registration.
The new system is called “SAM”, which stands for The System for Award Management. It will combine eight federal procurement systems and the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance into one new system. The systems which will be migrated to SAM include:
• Central Contractor Registration
• Online Representations and Certifications Application
• The Excluded Parties List System
• Federal Business Opportunities
• Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
• Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System
• Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act
• Sub-award Reporting System
• Wage Determinations Online
• Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation
• Past Performance and Information Retrieval System
The first phase of the system is currently scheduled to be available in late July. Contractors who are currently registered with CCR will receive an email that their registration is about to expire, and will then register with the new system at SAM.gov. All contractor information will be migrated to the new system, and will be available following registration.
Currently there is no way to receive updates on progress of the new system via email. Contractors are encouraged to check SAM.gov for updates.